Sunday, June 17, 2007

Wax On? Shave Off?

Many women, and men, will either lean towards one way or the other to make different parts of their body silky smooth. Saying that, there are a group of people who like body hair and for them here is a link. I’m not sure when the dislike of hair on the body started but you can be sure it was something to do with sexual desire.

Waxing your body can have the desired effect of leaving parts of the body smooth to the touch and will last longer than shaving but shaving doesn’t hurt as much.


There are many different methods of waxing these days and some more painful than others. Pouring hot wax onto my body then ripping out the hair doesn’t really appeal to me, but if you’re into pain then this could be just what you were looking for.


Shaving is usually painless and can be done most anywhere. Unfortunately within 24 hours the smooth skin will have small hairs growing back and so the process will have to be repeated almost daily to keep that ‘smooth as a baby’s bottom’ feeling.

So, waxing or shaving, which is the best?

2 comments:

Fat Sparrow said...

"I’m not sure when the dislike of hair on the body started but you can be sure it was something to do with sexual desire."

Yep, and it was associated with getting grown women/men to look like pre-pubescent girls/boys. Nice, huh? "I'm off to shower and shave and encourage some pedophilia!" I don't think you'll see that in Gillette's new ad campaign....

Rapunzel said...

I've tried both and prefer shaving since it's alot less pain, mess and hassle. I saw a lady having her eyebrows "threaded" today, with tears running out of her eyes. Let's say I'm not in such a hurry to try that method.