Monday, June 22, 2009

Newmarket. Not Just Horse Racing

The other day I was listening to the radio and I heard that Simply Red were coming to Cardiff. Cardiff, only being about an hours drive from Bristol, I decided I would go and see them. I logged onto my Ticket Master account, found the gig I wanted and clicked on the 'Buy Tickets' button.

I couldn't believe the price that was displayed on my screen! £200 per ticket!

Well I decided I didn’t really want to go after all and forgot all about it. That was until my daughter told me about Newmarket.

I know Newmarket as a place where horses race which then gets shown on the TV. I have been to the races once before but that was only Bath races and I won about £8 after taking out the cost to get in and the food and drink I had while I was there.

Anyway, getting back to what my daughter told me. Every weekend in July at Newmarket they have concerts after the racing and on 31st July guess who they have there? Yes you got it, Simply Red. Now an evening of racing and then a concert all at Newmarket race course you would expect it to be quite costly but it isn't. I was surprised and thought my daughter had got it wrong when she said it was £25. I went online to check. Yes only £25.

So for less than the cost to see Simply Red in Cardiff I have an evening of racing, a night watching Simply Red and a room and breakfast in a hotel. Oh and the best bit about it I've booked 2 days off work!

2 comments:

Lord Hutton said...

200 squid for the ginga warbler? egad! Someone is having a laugh.

Ladybristol said...

I guess not your type then??