Monday, July 15, 2013

Australia Get Ready!

Sometime towards the end of last year my daughter came home from work, swung open the door and announced she had 2 bits of good news to tell me. I can't remember what the first one was as I was so shocked by the second one I can't remember a thing of what she said before it.
She said she had decided to go travelling to Australia. This was the first I knew that she was even thinking about it. She's obviously not leant the knack of breaking news gently.
This was my baby girl, the girl that came home nearly every weekend when she was at uni, telling me she was off to the other side of the world. After a million and one questions from me she managed to calm my nerves and help me see the benefits of a year away from all of her family, working and travelling in a strange country where she knew no one.

She has been gone since 25th May and judging by the photo's on Facebook, she's having a fab time.

She's sunbathed on the beach in the middle of winter

Sat outside the stadium where the Loins beat the Aussie's, cheering at the top of her voice

Been to watch an Aussie Rules football match

And is planning on a bungee jump and sky dive!

I asked myself how could I let her enjoy herself and not be a part of it? So I've decided to get the whole of February off work and go and join her. All I have to do is book the flight and leave the rest of the arrangements up to her.

Roll on next February....I can't wait!


No comments: