Saturday, August 11, 2007

Changes

I've been looking at some old photos of different people I know. Some I knew when the old photos were taken and some I didn't. The ones I did know jogged old memories of the good time we were having when the photo was taken, whereas the ones of people I didn't know before, were quite a shock. I don't think if they looked like that today I would recognise them at all. Some who don't have hair now, use to, some use to be larger and are now smaller and some that use to be smaller are a lot larger. Of course one thing all the photos have in common is, everyone used to be younger and now they are older. In some cases, a lot older.
Many of the people I still see, but a few I have lost contact with. Either by chance or because one or both of us didn't keep in touch and sometimes you don't even know the reason why.
Me, I am really rubbish at remembering peoples names. I can see someone in the street, know that I know them but for the life of me, no matter how much I try, I can't recall a single thing about them, not even where I know them from. This has made me quite an expert in answering questions without having to reveal how crap my memory is. It can however backfire and you just have to admit to the person, even though it may hurt their feelings to know they were not as important to you as they thought, you just can't remember who they are.
So if you are one of those people I have known in the past, sorry if I can't remember you. And if you meet me in the future, Make sure I take a photo of you and write your name on it or you may find yourself as one of the memories that got away.

No comments: