Friday, June 09, 2006

Addiction - from 14/01/06


It took all my will power, but I did it and now I am really proud of myself. Proud because I usually don't stick to things and my will power is chased out the door, but on this occasion I found the strength to keep to what I wanted and now I feel, (I would like to say happy, but I think that's not how I feel) a little empty maybe, but I do feel I have broken a barrier which had been with me a long time.

Now for the hardest bit, sticking to what I want. This is going to be really difficult and I am going to have to take some drastic steps to ensure I never go back to it again. I think it must be like being addicted to drugs, always in the back of your mind, always that craving there.

I will need to fill the gap with something different and I should start looking straight away. I know it's not going to be easy, saying goodbye to something I like so much, but it has to be done and I know with the help of my friend, Lez, I will be able to conquer this 'addiction' once and for all.

Well here's wishing me luck!!!

No comments: